Hannibal, a 3BC military leader, when faced with an apparently insurmountable problem – the Alps – said:
In his mind, the answer to an obstacle in the path and the lack of means to overcome it was not to retreat, surrender, or wail. How can we imbibe some of his grit?
- Quit moaning and do something productive toward your goal instead.
- Stop agonising over the negative comments of idiots.
- Spend less time with those whose vocabularly is frequented by can’t.
- Avoid following others. Become an inventor. And, get the news out there.
- Don’t give up at the first failure.
- Take advice from experienced people, but don’t be afraid to ignore it.
- Trust your gut.
I’m a fan of jumping in at the deep end.
Image credit: antmoose.