Emotional Intelligence (EI) is more than a sign of the times or the latest management movement – although it is both. Next week, I will be delivering a workshop at QUB on EI. This is an outline of what we will be considering.
Work has changed to become more personal and pressurised than ever before. There is a recognition that raw brain-power is not enough and never has been.
Studies prove that the difference between average and outstanding performers at work lies in the ability to blend IQ with EI.
- Are you aware of your emotional strengths and how you are perceived by others?
- Can you handle situations of stress and conflict?
- Do you possess the ‘master aptitudes ‘ of motivation and resilience?
- Can you empathise with staff or customers? How is your social adeptness in networking scenarios?
- Is your leadership an inspiration or an impediment?
- These learnable skills – covered in this workshop – are vital and valued in the new world of work.
To book a place, contact Marc Forte at the School of Education (Short Courses Programmes) on 028 9097 5260 or email email@example.com.
Image credit: eneas.